WhatsApp is the app which needs no introduction. One of the most used messenger type apps has value worth Billions of Dollars with Billions of users. The app enables to chat, send emojis, files, images, audio, audio and video call. Have a look at facts related to the technology messenger app – WhatsApp.
1. WhatsApp was made to send notifications to friends. It was founded by Jan Koum and Brian Acton in 2009.
2. WhatsApp has more than 1.3 Billion total users with over 175 million being active on a daily basis.
3. WhatsApp has users in over 109 countries.
4. India has approximately 200 Million Users of WhatsApp making India biggest market for WhatsApp.
5. Every day over 100 Million voice call 55 million video calls are made on WhatsApp.
6. Co. founders of Whatsapp had once applied for a job at Facebook and were rejected. They created WhatsApp on their own which Facebook itself bought for $19 Billion.
7. Every day, approx 1 Million people join WhatsApp and over 70% users stay active.