If you are in quest of a fuel-efficient yet reasonably priced diesel vehicle, then you must read this article. Some of the best diesel cars include Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS, Aura, Honda Amaze, Tata Altroz, and Hyundai i20.
1. Hyundai Grand i10 Nios – The Grand i10 NIOS comes with a 1.2-litre CRDI unit that puts out 74 bhp and 190 Nm of peak torque. The engine of Hyundai Grand i10 Nios is available with a choice that ranges between five-speed manual gearbox and AMT automatic transmission and also returns a claimed fuel-economy of 26.2 km/l. The car is available with other useful features like a 7.9-inch infotainment system with support for Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, push-button start/stop and a semi-digital instrument cluster that comes with a 5.2-inch multi-information display, wireless phone charger, Arkamys premium sound system, and also a rear power outlet.
2. Hyundai Aura – The Hyundai Aura diesel model has a 1.2-litre engine that delivers 74 bhp and 190 Nm of peak torque. The engine is available with a five-speed manual gearbox as standard that returns a claimed fuel-efficiency figure of 25.35 km/l. The customers of this car can also go for five-speed AMT automatic transmission that is capable of delivering 25.4 km/l. This sub-compact sedan gets other useful provisions such as an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, etc.
3. Hyundai i20 – It is one of the most fuel-efficient diesel options in India and has a 1.5-litre diesel engine. Hyundai i20 car has a lot of features such as a 10.25-inch touchscreen with BlueLink connectivity suite, a fully digital instrument panel, cruise control, rear AC vents, Bose sound system, wireless charging pad, automatic AC, and more.
4. Tata Altroz – The Altroz is one of the most fuel-efficient ones in India and comes with an engine that is supported with a five-speed manual gearbox and returns a claimed fuel efficiency of 25.11 km/l. Features include a seven-inch touchscreen system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, a semi-digital instrument panel with seven-inch TFT colour MID (multi-information display), push-button start/stop, etc. It is the only hatchback in India that has got a five-star safety rating from Global NCAP.
5. Honda Amaze – Honda Amaze diesel has a mileage of 24.7 km/l and the CVT variant delivers 21 km/l. The car has features such as push-button start/stop, automatic AC, seven-inch infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, cruise control, LED headlamps, etc.