Little Master or Master Blaster is one of the best batsmen in modern-day cricket. The great cricketer needs no introduction. Today he is celebrating his birthday as Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar was born on April 24, 1973. His fans call him ‘God of cricket’. He also received the Arjuna Award in 1994 and the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award in 1997. It is given to sportsmen and it is highest sporting honour. In 1999 and 2008, the cricketer was also honored with the Padma Shri and Padma Vibhushan awards.
When Indian team won the 2011 Cricket World Cup, Tendulkar was part of the team. For total, Tendulkar played six world cup. Tendulkar played his last match on November 16, 2013. After the match, office of Prime Minister announced that they shall be awarding the cricketer with the Bharat Ratna.
On occasion of Sachin Tendulkar’s birthday, let’s revisit some of his most memorable quotes.
2.Don’t stop chasing your dreams, because dreams do come true.
3.If you remain humble, people will give you love and respect even after you have finished with the game. As a parent, I would be happier hearing people say, ‘Sachin is a good human being’ than ‘Sachin is a great cricketer’ any day.
4. A champion team needs only a small window of opportunity to stage a fightback, something i had learnt over the years.
5. Everyone at home was very supportive, but my father always said that all he wanted me to do was give it my best effort without worrying about the result.
6. Every individual has his own style, his own way of presenting himself on and off the field.
7. Critics haven’t taught me my cricket, and they don’t know what my body and mind are up to.
8. When there is a time to think about cricket, I think but there is a time to be with family, i try to do justice to that aspect of my life as well.