Exposure to climatic situations can particularly be very detrimental with reduced consumption of food and contraction of infectious illnesses. The unhealthy diet, economic hardships posed due to lockdown have an emotional impact the overall nutrition of the household. Dietician Naaznin Husein, Principal Coordinator, Nutrition and Dietetics, EON,has shared some vital tips on food safety and what you can do to stay healthy.
View this post on Instagram
Bought these nice storage containers to store my washed and cut veggies in. Super easy access! #keto #ketomeals #ketogenic #ketoweightloss #ketofood #lowcarb #ketoveggies #ketolifestyle #veggies #vegetables #broccoli #celery #radish #cucumber #mint #mintleaves #food #foodstorage #vegetablestorage #kitchen #kitchenstorage #fridgestorage #green #healthy #vitamins #minerals #health #wellness #wellnessjourney
Food Safety And Diet Tips For A Healthier Monsoon
• Always go for food only from safe and hygiene rated home delivery or pickup restaurants.
• Place fresh homemade food and keep snacks such as nut-based chikki, Makhana (foxnuts) or Kurmura (rice puff) in sealed jars.
• Rinse all the fruits and veggies carefully before using them. When buying veggies such a cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, etc, search for the larvae and the maggots.
• Make use of smaller leguminous plants that are easy to digest like moong dal and the masoor and the moth.
• Include sensible use of customary spices such as ginger, garlic, pepper, cinnamon, and asafoetida to aid to augment immunity.
• For non-vegetarians, you can go for eggs, chicken soup or hot stew rather than heavy curries.
• Increase your immunity by enjoying whole-grain cereals and millets with high polyphenol content.
• Build an immune system with veggies such as tomatoes, bell peppers, beans, gourd veggies particularly lauki, turai, etc.
• Add some seasonal citrus fruits such as lime, amla, fresh turmeric, pomegranates, bananas, litchee, cherries and other. Make sure that they are properly washed.
Care during food storage
Keep all eatables separately and covered. Carefully clean your fridge to avoid any kind of fungus formation. When the rainy season turns more unpredictable coupled with an augmented occurrence of weather-related events, it can have a direct implication for the health and safety of the people.