The new emergency situation is shaking the world’s economy. More than 1.8 lakh people are suffering from this and in India alone there are more than 250 confirmed patients. To counter this situation, PM Modi has announced ‘Janta Curfew’. Here are some important updates that you should know:
1. The railways will only be providing bare minimum services and from midnight Saturday to Sunday till 10 PM, all the trains will be suspended.
2. Vasundhara Raje has apparently tested positive after attending a dinner party in Lucknow in Uttar Pradesh. The dinner party that held on Sunday was given by Kanika Kapoor who has recently confirmed that she has been tested positive.
3. At a press conference on Friday evening held by Union Health Ministry, authorities repeated the Prime Minister’s call that there was no requirement for bulk purchasing and storing of basic products.
4. India is still just testing at 10 percent of its ability, Dr. Raman Gangakedhkar of the Indian Council for Medical Research (ICMR) said at the conference. Doctors have expressed this stress over the low speed of testing, recommending mass-level testing, similar to South Korea.
5. Under this Janata Curfew, nobody should leave their homes or assemble in their neighborhoods. Just go out if it’s very important.
6. Schools and institutes have been closed down. Prior on Friday Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said shopping centers in the national capital would likewise be shut.
7. According to the notice, 50 percent of Group B and C workers will be working from home, while the rest will go to the office during the working hours. Government workplaces had just suspended biometric tracking systems so the workers can complete important tasks as soon as possible and return back home.
8. A special team that is headed by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, has been set up to evaluate the effect of the emergency on the Indian economy.