Mistakes to avoid that may weaken your immune system
Get Daily Updates In Email
Your immune system is the most important thing to take care of right now. Since you are under a lockdown and have self-quarantined yourself, it is the best time for self-care. To fight the battle against this pandemic, we have brought to you a list of few mistakes that you should avoid doing.
- Don’t stress out: The first and foremost thing to focus on is to calm down yourself, don’t panic and stress out. When you are stressed, cortisol is released by your body to your bloodstream which leads to suppressing your immune system. The best way to relax is to meditate.
- Sedentary lifestyle: It is not necessary that you have to go to the gym only to work out. You can work from home. Try HIIT workout, yoga stretches and many like this to boost your immunity. But do not start overdoing. Find a proper balance between being an athlete and a couch potato.
- Sleep properly: Sleep time for every person varies but it is recommended that you should sleep between 6 hours to 8 hours. It helps your body in building a good immune system. If you are well-rested, your body will be able to fight against diseases. If you are not sleeping properly and only Netflixing, then you will show signs of exhaustion. Keep away from your mobile phone for one hour before you go to sleep.
- Smoking: Everybody knows that smoking kills. But you should avoid smoking especially at this time as it will weaken your immune system thus leading to catching viral infections and flu. If you are smoking a lot, then reduce it slowly and gradually.
- Binge drinking: Drinking casually is not a problem but overdrinking weakens your immune system. So it is recommended to avoid drinking for some time and try building your immune system to fight against the diseases.
Additionally, try and add a lot of whole grains, juices, vegetables and fruits in your diet for a healthy and good life.
Published by Nikita Kukreja on 25 Mar 2020